Problems with the code from the "Documentation"-Area

May 22, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Hey guys,

I found this project today. So I tried the example from the Documentation-Area but I can't get it work in my own project. Everything is ok until the part with the "NewDataAvailable" event. When I type "handDataSource." there is no suggestion for the "NewDataAvailable"-event. The only suggestions are: equals(), gethashcode(), gettype(), height, size, tostring() and width. Can anybody say where my problem is?

Greetings
Razora
May 22, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Ok, I don't know why, but now it works. I restarted my PC and now I can see the "NewDataAvailable"-Event.
But now I have another problem. I copied the code from the Documentation-Section in my own project, but the Kinect don't track my hands. The handcollection.Count say always 0. I'm using the Kinect SDK and a Kinect for XBOX 360. Is there anything else to do, before the tracking works?

Greetings
Razora
Coordinator
May 22, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Hi Razora

You should start with running the sample project that's included.

When running it with Kinect for XBOX and Kinect SDK then the area in which hands are detected is very narrow (800 - 900mm distance from the device). You can change the maximum distance to 1200 or so. But unfortunately the SDK will filter all values below 800mm. The algorithm works best in a distance between 500 to 800 mm.

Stefan