Trouble running CCT.NUI.Samples

Dec 19, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Hello,

I have recently downloaded the Candescent NUI source/Samples, and I have tried to run CCT.NUI.Samples both in the binary AND source. I checked OpenNI and RGB Image. However, I am getting an null reference exception.

at CCT.NUI.Core.OpenNI.ImageGeneratorAdapter.get_Width() in C:\Users\Student\Desktop\candescent source\CCT.NUI.Core\OpenNI\ImageGeneratorAdapter.cs:line 22   at CCT.NUI.Core.OpenNI.OpenNIDataSourceBase`2.get_Width() in C:\Users\Student\Desktop\candescent source\CCT.NUI.Core\OpenNI\OpenNIDataSourceBase.cs:line 34   at CCT.NUI.Core.Video.BitmapDataSource..ctor(IImagePointerDataSource dataSource, IBitmapFactory imageFactory) in C:\Users\Student\Desktop\candescent source\CCT.NUI.Core\Video\BitmapDataSource.cs:line 17   at CCT.NUI.Core.Video.RGBBitmapDataSource..ctor(IRgbPointerDataSource dataSource) in C:\Users\Student\Desktop\candescent source\CCT.NUI.Core\Video\RgbBitmapDataSource.cs:line 13   at CCT.NUI.Core.OpenNI.OpenNIDataSourceFactory.CreateRGBBitmapDataSource() in C:\Users\Student\Desktop\candescent source\CCT.NUI.Core\OpenNI\OpenNIDataSourceFactory.cs:line 67   at CCT.NUI.Samples.MainForm.buttonRGB_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Student\Desktop\candescent source\CCT.NUI.Samples\MainForm.cs:line 41   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

In addition, the binary gave me an error similar to the nullReferenceException. 

By the way, the kinect is not the problem; I know this because Mousecontrol/StartMenu work. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Coordinator
Dec 19, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Hi baesian

It looks like there's a problem with the video image stream.

Do you have a Kinect or maybe an Asus WAVI which only offers the depth stream? Mousecontrol and the Start Menu only use the depth stream.

Do other samples (coming with OpenNi) display a video image?

- Stefan

Dec 20, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the reply. I am using a Kinect for Xbox 360 (I'm not sure if this helps), but I did happen to get a glimpse of the RGB stream working before the application crashed. I am fairly certain the Kinect will deliver a video stream. 

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Maybe you're using a different version of OpenNI? I've used version 1.5.2.23.

Did you check if the samples than come with OpenNI show the RGB stream?