Video controls lagging with two hands

Nov 8, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Edited Nov 8, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Hi again,

now I noticed that with two hand the depth and rgb image shown simultaneously causes the hand graphics to lag badly (it takes seconds for the hand contours to change, although videos are running smoothly). I don't think it's because of lack of performance because not all the CPU is used (I have a 4-core CPU and even the individual threads are not completely saturated). Also the video controls alone take up a lot of RAM (up to 1GB), constantly increasing. I think this can be something also behind the lag (otherwise the RAM usage wouldn't bother).

With one hand everything runs pretty smoothly. Also this lag accumulates: first the picture is very responsive than less with every second. If I take away my hands, wait for the graphics to disappear and show them again it's responsive for a bit again.

This also happens with the WpfSample project.

What do you think?

Nov 9, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I found the problem, actually very simple... There were too many things going on on the UI thread when Candescent events were raised. How could I misses this till now?

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2012 at 6:01 PM

You have to be careful with the events as they're raised 30 times per second. Also, if the area inside the depth threshold is large then there are a lot of points that have to be processed (in the clustering steps etc...)

I've tried to add some parallel processing here and there but it's still quite serial.

Nov 11, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Nothing wrong on Candescent's side I think: after I moved event processing to a background thread everything got fluent again.

Coordinator
Nov 12, 2012 at 8:10 AM

Ok! And thanks for the rating! :-)

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:58 AM

My pleasure :-).

Jan 8, 2013 at 6:20 AM

Hi 

I am facing the same issue,two hands and it seems everything is double like there is a shadow.Is that issue is due to the 2 or different kind of lightnings that am illuminated under ?

Ganapathy

Coordinator
Jan 26, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Can you post an image?